29th Annual Boot & Saddlemakers Trade Show
• All boots will be entered as a PAIR, not a single boot
• All work must be done by the individual entering the boot and no one else, except in the Shop Boot category
• All categories will be judged anonymously by bootmakers who have been in the business for years and whose work is considered master quality. To eliminate any “conflict of interest”, no judge will have a boot or a student whose boot is entered in the contest
• An “Exhibition Only” table will be available for boots and bootmaker products to be displayed
The following categories will have 2 (two) levels of entry: Intermediate and Open.
You may choose the level you wish to enter but you CANNOT enter the Intermediate level if you have previously won that category. You may enter the Open level of the category, even if you have previously won the category.
NOTE: The winner of the intermediate level will be awarded a plaque; the winner of the Open will be awarded a belt buckle.
Boots will have top stitching only - No inlays, collars, brands, initials, etc. anywhere on the boots.
Working Cowboy Boot
Built of sturdy leather (bull hide, pig, elephant, water buffalo, wildebeest, waxed calf, shark, hippo or taurus shoulder). May include initials, brand and/or a collar only. Collar can have cutouts or inlays. No more than 3 colors of leather on top, including the top leather.
Boots should be simple and elegant, i.e. something that could be worn for dress with a suit or pair of slacks. May include initials, brand, collar and/or tooling only.
The following categories have only 1 (one) level of entry:
Journeyman – constructed 15 or less pair of boots
Basic boots with top stitching only - no tooling, inlays, collars, brands, etc. Journeyman should concentrate on the basics of building a good boot. The winner of this category will be awarded a buckle.
* If you enter the contest as a Journeyman, you can ONLY enter this category
* If you have won the Journeyman you CANNOT enter this category again.
Boots built in a shop with more than one person working on them. The winning shop will be awarded a plaque.
Anything goes - Let your imagination lead you. The winner of this category will be awarded a buckle.